UPDATE: this contest is now closed. Please check the contest center for new contests.
(For those of you who are new to Zazzle Contests (beta!), make sure you read the About Zazzle Contests section.)
As Mother’s Day approaches, we’re looking for the best designs that say ‘thank you’ to mothers, for all of the wonderful things that they do. We should really be giving thanks year-round (I mean, consider all of the diapers they changed when you were a baby!) but at the very least, we can make this Mother’s Day extra special. The sky is the limit in terms of what product you choose and what type of design you make, the only requirement is that it symbolizes thanks to mom.
The winner of the the best design gets to spoil Mom rotten this year… it’s time to make up for all of those hand-drawn stick figures, stardard ol’ cards, and the times when you forgot to get her anything (yeah, we know you did):
- $1,000.00 USD – COLD HARD CASH: whatever you want to do with it (we suggest giving her a whole weekend at the spa… or a night on the town with limo transportation)
- Spoil Me Spa Tower: ala 1-800 FLOWERS ($159.99 value)… from chocolate truffles to green tea bath salts, this thing is off the hook!
- Top-of-the-Line Framed Print: You can go bonkers using our media and framing options to create a family portrait that will last for generations to come. Do whatever you want for options, all the way up to $500. We suggest using a family photo, the Gloss Canvas UV media (it’s archival quality, meaning there’s literally no degradation after 100 years), and framing/matting options galore. Using Zazzle’s tools you can easily create something like the following (the images within the frames are just example placeholders):
How to Enter:
Submission deadline is 11:59 PM (PST) on May 7, 2007.
- Create your design and place it on a product (can be any product type … t-shirts, mugs, posters, stamps, you decide!). Make your product.
- Publish your product to the Zazzle marketplace with the tag “MothersDayContest2007” (find out how to tag your product). If you have already published your design prior to April 27, simply tag it “MothersDayContest2007” to submit it.
- You’re almost done! To give yourself added publicity, don’t forget to leave a comment below with a link to the product page of your entry.
IMPORTANT: You may only enter one design (on one product) to the contest. You may NOT enter the same design on multiple products and you may NOT enter multiple designs. If you do, only your first entry will be eligible to win. View the contest rules.
How is the winner selected?
- Once your product is in the Zazzle marketplace, other users will be able to rate it, view it, comment on it and also buy it. All of these factors will be used to determine the top 25 entries from which an internal Zazzle judging panel will select the ultimate winner. This means that you should tell your friends and family about your entry and encourage them to show their support by rating it, leaving a comment or buying the product … the more visibility you get, the better your chances to win!
- Note to International Users: Due to contest rules, only entries from individuals within the US are eligible to win the prize. We absolutely accept and appreciate all entries from *around the world* to celebrate Mother’s Day and every entry will be included in the Mother’s
Promote Your Entry!
- Create a Zazzle panel showing all of the contest entries! Select a skin and click “Save & Finish” to get the embed code. Then place it on your blog, website, etc.
- To learn how to embed your submission off of Zazzle, click “link to this” on the product page of your submitted design.