Starting your Tumblr Blog is easy to do. The tricky part is getting a following and keeping folks entertained. Today we’re going to take a look at a successful Zazzle Designer that was able to do just that – Zazzle Poetry.
Need a quick overview of Tumblr? Click here.
- On Tumblr, you can choose your own URL and use the Tumblr domain or use your own domain as we see here – http://zazzlepoetry.co.vu.
- Choosing a theme and sticking to it is important. In this case, the theme is funny t-shirts.
- It’s important to post content that people reblog and comment on, like this “Here I Am, There I Go” t-shirt. When you notice a post getting a lot of attention, try to post similar products and don’t be afraid to reblog the post a few times throughout the week.
- It’s key to have a purchase link within your post, like the “get” link below so readers have easy access to the item if they wish to buy it.
- Remember to fill out all sections when creating a post. As you can see below, there is a “source” link that shows up and a tag link. A source link allows you to enter the original link to the item. Tags are what make your content easily searchable. Tumblr also has something called “Popular Tags.” When you’re typing in your tags, a menu of popular tags will populate and you can choose to include those. I suggest to always include popular tags as long as they are relevant.
- Engagement is a vital factor when you are growing your presence on Tumblr, so it’s important to have the tools on your blog that let your followers interact with it. Zazzle Poetry, chose the options to allow requests, submissions, and created an FAQ link. Let’s take a closer look at those
- First, the request section is a great idea because it gets your audience thinking about your blog, and also gets them checking back to see if their request was fulfilled.
- The submit option lets your audience share their content on your blog. In this case, the content would be a Zazzle Poetry product that was found online or a picture of a Zazzle Poetry t-shirt. It’s a fun and easy way to diversify your content.
- FAQ is not part of participation, but it’s a great way to answer some of the most common questions that your audience has. Zazzle Poetry did a great job in this section because they kept the funny theme going.
Want to learn more about Tumblr? Find a quick overview here.