Pinterest is one of the biggest social networks and one of the best places to promote your products. More and more people are using Pinterest to share ideas and trends on everything from weddings to recipes. With more than 70 million users, it’s important to make your pins stand out.
Here are some tips!
Tips on Boards
- Create holiday boards. Create holiday themed boards that promote holiday gifts (for him, for her, for pets, etc.), holiday parties, holiday clothes, and anything else holiday related.
- Create uniquely themed boards. Think of original ways to categorize your pins, like grouping them by colors, interests, styles – the possibilities are endless. Make your boards more appealing by giving them creative names. For example, many people can have a “Good Food” board, but using a name like “Mmmm…Tasty!” might spark more interest. Or, instead of having an “Everything Purple” board, you can call it “Purple Sensation” board, for example.
- Create group boards. Group boards, which are boards that allow other people to contribute pins to your board, are a great way to collaborate with your followers and create collections of similar themed products with other designers. Learn how to create a group board here.
- Create inspirational and motivational boards. Show your followers a bit of your personality by creating a board with pins that inspire and motivate you to make your art and/or your products.
Tips on Pins
- Describe your pins. Tell your followers about your product, your store, and what inspired you to create that certain item. Don’t forget to use keywords in your descriptions. When trying to decide on which keyword to use, think of what you would type into the search bar if you were looking for that particular product.
- Link to your blog, store or product. At the end of your description, it’s always good to link to your blog or store so people know where to find more of your content.
- Repin popular pins. Popular pins get more visibility because they already have a high count of repins, comments and likes. You can find popular pins by choosing the “popular” category in the search section on the top left-hand side of your home page. Then, look for any pins that stand out to you or that relate to your store. Maybe there is a recipe you’d like to add to your “Mmmm… Tasty!” board, or a DIY project you’d like to add to your “Rustic Home Decor” board.
Tips on Engagement
- Repin, like and comment. Engage with your followers and other pinners by repinning, liking and commenting on their pins and boards. Interacting with pins a great way to get to know your fellow pinners and grow your influence and followers even more.
- Ask questions. Ask questions in your descriptions and comments. It’s a great way to spark conversation and keep your audience involved. For example, if you posted an inspiration pin, maybe you can ask what inspires others about it. Or, if you post a picture of two products side by side, you can ask which one would they like better.
- Be consistent. A key part of keeping people coming back is to be consistent with your pins. If you don’t have time to pin everyday, then you can always use a pin scheduler like GoPixel or Pinwoo.
As always, don’t pin too much. Remember, it’s about quality, not quantity.
Happy promoting everyone.