Harry Potter DVD Sweepstakes rules and regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
FOR PERSONS WHO ENTER THE HARRY POTTER SWEEPSTAKES, THESE RULES GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND PRIZE AWARD.
1. Introduction. “The Harry Potter DVD Sweepstakes” is sponsored by Zazzle, Inc., 1900 Seaport Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94063 (“Sponsor”). The prize providers are Warner Bros. Home Video and Noble Collections (“Prize Provider”). Odds of winning the sweepstakes will depend on the number of entries received.
2. Timing. The Promotion runs from November 11, 2011 until 11:59PM PT on December 9, 2011 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), eighteen (18) years old and older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor or the Prize Provider, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer and director of Sponsor are not eligible. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Void in Puerto Rico. This sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States and where prohibited by law..
4. To Enter. You may enter Sweepstakes two ways: (1) Online: Access the Sweepstakes web site at http://blog.zazzle.com and leave a comment on the blog post: or (2) By mail: Legibly hand-print on a 3”x5” card the words “Zazzle Harry Potter DVD Sweepstakes,” along with your name, address, e-mail address, date of birth, and telephone number and mail entry to:
Zazzle Inc., 1900 Seaport Blvd. 4th Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063
No mechanically reproduced mail-in entries will be accepted.
Online entries must be received before 11:59 pm PT, December 9, 2011 and mail in entries must be postmarked by December 9, 2011 and received by December 13, 2011. Only one entry per person, per e-mail address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods. E-MAIL CHANGE OF ADDRESS POLICY: It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his/her e-mail address. (To do so, write to: Attn: Zazzle Harry Potter DVD Sweepstakes, 1900 Seaport Blvd. 4th Floor, Redwood City, CA 94063)
5. Winner Selection.
a. Harry Potter DVD Sweepstakes. On December 13, 2011, Sponsor will randomly select five (5) sweepstakes entrants to win a copy of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 Blueray Disc. Also on December 13, 2011, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) grand prize winner from among all eligible entries received through the process described in section 4 (“To Enter”). Winners will be selected from a pool of all eligible entries
b. Requirements of Potential Prize Winners. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all sweepstakes requirements as detailed in the Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential Harry Potter DVD Sweepstakes winners must execute and return to Sponsor, within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified, a statement of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. The potential winner will be notified by email on the day drawing occurs. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by a drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
6. Prizes. A total of six (6) prizes will be awarded. One (1) grand prize will be awarded consisting of The Harry Potter Years 1-7 Part 1 Gift Set. All subsequent five (5) winners will each receive one (1) copy of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows TM – Part 2 Blu-ray™ Combo Pack.
Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use. No other substitution (including for cash), assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value if prize cannot be awarded as stated. Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by applicable law.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, state/province and country for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
8. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify and/or suspend the Promotion should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that could corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity including but not limited to acts of God or civil disturbance that render it impractical or impossible to complete or fulfill the contest/sweepstakes as originally planned.. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor’s Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in these rules. Any such changes will become effective upon notice via email notifications or other means of wide dissemination.
9. Release. By accepting any Promotion prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, Prize Provider and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or travel to or from or related to any prize or prize-related activity, or from winner’s participation in the Promotion.
10. Limitations of Liability. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any Web site or service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s Web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s Web site by a hypertext link.
11. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, Sponsor, Prize Provider in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the State of California, U.S.A., or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California, U.S.A. All federal, state, provincial and local laws apply.