We’re wrapping up our unofficial “Fabric Week” here on the blog with our very first Design Challenge of 2015!
Fabric design winners will be determined both overall, and in 5 different categories where we think fabric will be a huge hit. Here are our categories and some design ideas to get you started.
1. Pattern (Ideas: Chevron, Ikat, Damask, Gingham, Plaid, Paisley, Floral, Houndstooth, Suzani, Tartan, Camouflage)
2. Theme (Ideas: Vintage, Retro, Rustic, Modern, Chic, Cute, Funny, Funky, Geeky/Nerdy, Trendy, Novelty, Inspirational)
3. Personalized (Ideas: Photo templates, Name templates, Monogram templates, Logo templates, Wedding, Anniversary
4. Seasonal (Ideas: Fall, Spring, Holiday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Halloween
5. Other (Ideas: Upholstery, quilting, crafting – any great idea you have that you don’t see here!)
Now, onto the good stuff. Here are the prizes your best fabric design could win:
Three (3) Overall winners will receive:
- Personalized photo shoot of winning fabric design
- Winning design featured on Zazzle.com home page
- Exclusive Instagram, Facebook, Google+ posts
- Featured winning designs pinned on Pinterest
- Dedicated email blast featuring winning fabric design
- Exclusive blog post featuring inspiration Q&A from winners
- Premium placement in on-site curated fabric experience, including link to all fabric designs in your specific store
- 2 yards of your winning fabric design on Combed Cotton
Five (5) winners per fabric category (yes, 25 more winners!) will receive:
- Exclusive placement in on-site curated experience
- Shout out & link to collection in Zazzle email
- 1 Fat Quarter (1/4 yard) of your winning fabric design on Combed Cotton
Get started designing fabric here and then submit your great design in our Sew Good Fabric Design Challenge submission form. Can’t wait to see your “sew good” fabric designs!
Zazzle Inc. Fabric Design Challenge Sweepstakes Official Rules
Participation in the Zazzle Inc. “Fabric Design Challenge Giveaway” (the “Promotion”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
1. Entry Method:
2. Submit at least one (1) fabric product. Products must first be created on Zazzle.com and included within the Designers store. Products must be fabric products. Using this form [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1vpMHT0ltqBeLzJAT71qtJhy1lyyrnCc-eqd-cKKPhqg/viewform], enter the Zazzle product URL for the fabric product to be submitted. Please enter one URL per field, and choose the appropriate fabric category for your design.
3. Alternate entry method: Hand-print your first and last name, email address, mailing address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number (including area code) and date of birth on a 3″x 5″ card, and mail it in a stamped envelope, hand printed, to: Zazzle Inc., Attn: Zazzle Inc. Fabric Design Challenge Giveaway, 1800 Seaport Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94063. (“Mail-in Entry”). All Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by February 1, 2015 and received by February 6, 2015 to be eligible.
4. Date: The Promotion will run from 3:00pM Pacific Time on January 30, 2015 until 12:00 PM Pacific Time on February 13, 2015 (“Promotion Period”). Winners will be selected on February 20, 2015.
5. Prizes: Three (3) Overall winners will receive:
○ Personalized photo shoot of Winning fabric design
○ Winning fabric design featured on Zazzle.com home page
○ Exclusive Instagram, Facebook, Google+ posts
○ Featured winning designs pinned on Pinterest
○ Dedicated email blast featuring winning fabric design
○ Exclusive blog post featuring inspiration Q&A from winners
○ Premium placement in on-site curated fabric experience, including link to all fabric designs in your specific store
○ 2 yards of your winning fabric design on Combed Cotton
• Five (5) category winners per category (Twenty-five total)
○ Exclusive placement in on-site curated experience
○ Shout out & link to collection in Zazzle email
○ 1 Fat Quarter (1/4 yard) of your winning fabric design on Combed Cotton
6. Overall prize: Approximate Retail Value = $60. Category prize: Approximate Retail Value = $15. Odds of winning a prize in the Sweepstakes will depend on the number of entries.
4. Eligibility. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico), eighteen (18) years old and older at the time of entry and residents of Canada (other than Quebec), Belgium, Japan, Switzerland and the United Kingdom twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Zazzle Inc., its respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as parents, spouses, children, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Zazzle Inc., which are final and binding in all respects. This promotion is void in jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Entrants will receive one entry into the Sweepstakes regardless of the number of tagged photos submitted or postcards submitted. No mechanical reproductions (such as photocopies) are permitted. Entries that are lost, late, illegible or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. Zazzle Inc. reserves the right to disqualify users violating the Official Rules. All submissions must be comply with applicable law and may not be unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, indecent, inflammatory, libelous, tortious, hateful, racially, ethnically, socially, politically, legally, morally, religiously objectionable or otherwise objectionable, or invasive of another’s rights including but not limited to rights of celebrity, privacy and intellectual property.
5. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ZAZZLE INC., WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY ZAZZLE INC.
6. Winner Selection. Winners will be selected by Zazzle Inc. based on a whether it is a visually pleasing collection that showcases design and artistic ability. Entrants must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all Sweepstakes requirements as detailed in the Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential winners must execute and return to Zazzle Inc., within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified, a statement of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited, a publicity release in order to claim his/her prize. The potential winner will be notified by email, telephone, blog comment, Twitter, or similar social network on the day drawing occurs. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within forty-eight (48) hours of the first attempt to contact him/her or if he/she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Zazzle Inc. will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by a drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If a Canadian resident wins a prize, that person must also answer correctly within a 5 minute time period a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before the prize will be awarded.
7. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use. No other substitution (including for cash where applicable), assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Zazzle Inc. who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value if prize cannot be awarded as stated. Zazzle Inc. will withhold and/or report taxes as required by applicable law.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Zazzle Inc.’s use of winner’s name, likeness, voice, image, opinions, hometown, state/province and country for promotional purposes in any media or channel without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions. Zazzle Inc. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond Zazzle Inc.’s reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion. In such event, Zazzle Inc. reserves the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Zazzle Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Zazzle Inc.’s Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Zazzle Inc. reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Zazzle Inc.’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Facebook, Inc. is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes. For the avoidance of doubt, any information provided hereunder is provided to Zazzle Inc. and not Facebook, Inc.
10. Release. By accepting any Promotion prize, winner agrees that Zazzle Inc., Twitter, and Facebook, Inc. and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies, are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or travel to or from or related to any prize or prize-related activity, or from winner’s participation in the Promotion.
11. Limitations of Liability. Zazzle Inc. is not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or postage due entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software, or the Instagram, Twitter or Facebook service, as applicable; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any Web site or service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or from downloading any material from Zazzle Inc.’s Web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Zazzle Inc., a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Zazzle Inc.’s Web site by a hypertext link.
12. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prizes awarded, other than the administration of the Promotion or the determination of winners shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, Zazzle Inc. in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions. All federal, state, provincial and local laws apply. Exclusive venue for any claim hereunder shall be the state courts located within the County of San Mateo, Northern California or federal courts located within the County of Santa Clara, California. Zazzle Inc. will monitor all entries to ensure compliance with the rules governing the Sweepstakes.