If you tuned in for our Zazzle Chat last week, you know that we love to keep it trendy! To keep up with current trends, you often need to be thinking ahead. One important way to ensure your success on Zazzle is to look to the future, and design well in advance of when your customers will be looking to buy your products.
Here are a few tips to get you started thinking ahead:
- Take a look at our 2015 planning calendar. We may be well into 2015 already, but it’s not too late to plan out your year! We put together a handy calendar so you can get a general idea of the biggest events and holidays, and when you should start thinking about designing and promoting for them.
- Design at least 2 months in advance. Two months is usually a good rule of thumb for how early you should start planning and publishing your designs for a particular season or event. However, we’re often looking to find the best designs to highlight even 3 to 4 months beforehand. Start thinking about Father’s Day, 4th of July, and other summer fun now! For the major winter holidays, you might even want to start designing up to 6 months in advance.
- Keep royalty rates low. Setting your royalty percentage to a rate that results in an attractive price for your customer can help your sales at any time, but it can also affect your chance at being featured or promoted on the site. We look for designs set at 15% royalty or below for featured pages and other promotional placement on our site.
- Check our coupons page. We nearly always have one or more great deals for our customers on the site. You can find all of our current promotions on our handy Special Offers & Coupons page to help you promote your own products. Check out our blog post here to learn how to include promotional codes in your referral links so that your customers automatically get the promotion when they head to your product or store.
- Join in on the forums. We love our community of Designers, and we love to see what you’re up to. We often post calls for specific products or designs in our Show Me forum as well. Join in and show off your best!