Cinco de Mayo is just one excuse to celebrate hot sauce. But we bet you didn’t know that Zazzle has hundreds of customizable hot sauce bottle designs to choose from for just about any occasion. From Cinco de Mayo throw-downs to baby showers, reunions and weddings, these hot sauce bottles add a little sumthin’ sumthin’ to any gathering. You can choose from a handful of flavors and literally hundreds of designs. Incorporate them into your party décor or gift them as favors.
Host a Baby-Q and give these adorable bottles as favors.
For an engagement party or rehearsal dinner, these make the perfect addition to the fixings’ bar.
And show friends and family your love for each other is hotter than ever with these gift bottles.
If you’re feeling extra saucy and want to make your own hot sauce, here’s a recipe we cooked up with a little help from our friends.
Homemade Sriracha Hot Sauce
- 1 3/4 pounds Fresno chili peppers, red jalapenos or red serrano
- 3 Thai chili peppers
- 2 tbsp garlic powder + additional as needed
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar + more as needed
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar + more as needed
- Water as needed
- Remove stems from the chilies and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Peel garlic.
- In your food processor, add peppers, salt, granulated sugar, garlic powder, garlic and brown sugar. Pulse until a coarse puree forms
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor. Puree.
- Place it in a canning jar for (7) days stirring daily. Store jar at room temperature.
- Boil and simmer over medium heat.
- Add vinegar.
- Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the sauce to get all the seeds out of the mixture.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Bottle it and slap on your custom label.
Source: DIY Ready