Admit it … you love decorating your classroom before the year begins. What better excuse to spend hours on Pinterest and indulge in a little shopping? Because nothing helps beat the back-to-school blues like a little organization-inspiration-retail therapy, here are six more ideas to get your classroom ready for the new school year.
- Keep supplies organized and visible by using candy jars to store paper clips, pens, erasers, magnets, markers, crayons and pencils. (It never hurts to have a sweet treat on hand, either!)
- Sticker charts are a cute, fun way to track your students reading, behavior, homework assignments and more.
- Keep yourself on track with a custom Teacher Organization Binder that holds all your grades, calendars and student information. Make a tab for important information like schedules, class list, transportation details and anything else that may come in handy for yourself or a substitute teacher. A Student Data tab helps you keep track of student’s contact info and parent/teacher conference times. You can also create tabs for Staff Meeting Notes, Lesson Plan Ideas and Testing Calendar.
Outfit your binder with a small calendar for an extra organizational boost.
- You may want to leave your walls mostly bare to make room for student work, but it’s always nice to add a little color and set the tone for incoming students.
- Kids will beg for reading time when you create a cozy little reading corner packed with pillows.
- Keep your desk organized by using a stylish acrylic tray to keep essentials like post-it notes, notebooks and other desktop essentials.