Whether you just got out of a relationship or were never in one, Valentine’s Day can be a real downer. The chocolate companies have simply devised a plan to sabotage our New Year’s resolutions! When you’re single, February 14th is just another day.
To be honest, I’m single by choice. I just haven’t met anyone who can handle all of my awesomeness. But if you were disheartened by the The Day Which Shall Remain Unnamed, rejoice because today is Singles Awareness Day, a time to celebrate love for yourself and all of the amazingness that is you!
In order to take advantage of today here are some tips for throwing yourself an awesome “Singles Awareness Day” party.
1. Invite all your single friends over to celebrate. If you have single friends left, that is. If not, skip this step and move directly to step 2.
2. Get a mug. Fill it up with your weapon of choice. Mine is hot chocolate, but feel free to go for something a little stronger.
3. Get some food. Pizza and chocolate are a surprisingly awesome combination. Might I also suggest these awesome cake pops:
4. If you’re into bacon, you can always get this shirt.
I know the shirt is for sale, but how much for the model?
5. Going out is over rated. Netflix isn’t going to marathon itself. Here’s a blanket so you have something to cuddle with.
And remember…February 14th is be just another day, but Singles Awareness Day is just for you. CELEBRATE!