Wrapping paper is so much more than just gift wrap! I love coming up with new ways to craft with it and I think I’ve just found my new favorite project.
While planning my friend Jessica’s baby shower, I decided I wanted to pass out individual goodie bags filled with “Ready to Pop” treats. That inspired this DIY design – vibrantly printed wrapping paper pouches! These are super cute and make for a perfectly portioned snack or favor. I hope Jessica is impressed by the popcorn pun and personalization.
Want to make them yourself? Here’s what you’ll need:
- Zazzle Custom Wrapping Paper
- Double-sided tape
- Hole punch
- Zazzle Custom Gift Tags
Here’s how you do it:
1. Using your ruler and pencil, measure and mark 8” x 8” squares on the wrapping paper of your choice. Cut along the penciled lines. Continue this as many times as you need to account for the number of pouches you’d like to make.
2. To achieve the body of the pouch, grab a square and face the wrapping paper design-side down. Roll a corner inward creating a cone shape. Adhere double-sided tape to the rolled corner so the designed edge is attached to the white side of the paper. Then wrap the opposite corner on top of the first roll, overlapping and completing the cone. Add another piece of double-sided tape to the inside of the paper.
You can either leave the cone open like this, filling it with food and favors, or follow the next step to make it a closed pouch.
3. Create two holes using your hole punch. Place one on the top of the cone and the other where the two rolled corners intersect.
4. Fill your pouches with goodies! I filled mine with popcorn, candy, and bubble gum.
5. Lace bakers twine through both punched holes, stringing a gift tag through the end attached to the body of the pouch. To close the pouch, pull both ends of the twine until taut. Fold the flap down, string the bottom piece of twine through the underside of the flap, and then tie a bow. Voila!
I really love these pouches and I hope my guests will too! These would also be great for wedding or birthday favors.
What unique ways do you use wrapping paper? Let us know in the comments below!
If you try this DIY, please share it with us by using the hashtag #zazzlemade on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. We love seeing new ways to use Zazzle products.