I’m not sure where you are in the world, but as summer continues to ramp up in California, it has been hot, hot, hot! Popsicles are my favorite summer treat, so for this 4th of July holiday I’m making them healthy and patriotic using custom paper straws and simple ingredients. These cute DIY pops look just like little skyrockets – perfect for firework festivities.
Want to try them yourself? Here’s what you’ll need:
(Makes 10 popsicles)
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Honey
- Juice of 1 Lime
- ½ cup of Blueberries
- ½ cup of Raspberries
- Zazzle Paper Straws (I used designs in red, white, and blue)
- Popsicle Mold
Here’s how you do it:
- Mix Greek yogurt, honey, and lime juice until fully combined. Taste the mixture to make sure it is at your desired sweetness level. Add more honey or lime if you’d like. If it’s too sweet, add a bit more yogurt.
- Once combined, pour yogurt mixture into the popsicle molds leaving room for berries – about half full (or empty depending on your view on life). Add blueberries and raspberries to each pop distributing them evenly throughout.
- Insert straws.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once the popsicles have spent a few hours in the freezer and have hardened, remove them and serve.
Refreshing, delicious, cute, and oh, so easy to make. These pops are going to keep me cool all summer long!
What are your favorite popsicle recipes? Share them in the comments below.
If you try this DIY please share it with us by using the hashtag #zazzlemade on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. We’d love to see how your pops turn out.
Until next time, Happy 4th of July!