Calling all Creative Minds!
We’re excited to announce the 2018 Holiday Design Contest.
With the launch of the paper breakout and the new department tree earlier this year, we want to focus on making sure we have great designs on all our 47 new paper products!
This is for all designers! No restriction on location.
1st Prize: $2,000 USD
2nd Prize:$1,500 USD
3rd Prize: $1,000 USD
Editor’s Picks (5): $500 USD Zazzle Gift Card
In addition to the cash prize, we have historically provided winning designs with more marketing exposure on the site.
The Contest will run from 5:00 PM Pacific Time on 09/18/2018 until 11:59 PM Pacific Time on 10/23/2018 (“Contest Period”). Finalists will be announced on or about 10/29/18.
Create a new* holiday collection with one of the 47 paper products that we currently have on the site. Your collection must include at least five (5) items and feature at least one of the 47 paper products. It is your choice as to which products you want to feature in your collection, but please note the overall creativity and thoughtfulness of the products in the collection will be judged. Design and publish as normal, submit your design here.
*’New’ means a design that has been posted to the Zazzle Marketplace after 8/1/2018.
Collection and products submitted must be published on the Zazzle.com ‘.com’ domain.
The judges will evaluate each entry based upon the following criteria:
a) thematic relevance (does the collection have a unifying theme?);
b) quality of the image (clarity and composition);
d) thoughtfulness ( complementary products);
d) ease of customization;
e) and originality.
A couple of tips from the judging committee:
- Be original! Don’t try to copy anyone else, be authentic to your own design aesthetic.
- Don’t forget to design the back of cards. Small details can really go a long way!
- Add variety that complements each other: Your collection doesn’t have to be the same design over and over. Feel free to mix it up by adding complementary patterns, colors, or images.
- Less can be more; negative space is not a bad thing.
- Design as if you’re designing a collection for your own party; often we remember things we might not otherwise! Napkins, cookies, etc!
- Make certain you add templates, which are important, and especially photo templates. Are your images going to catch the customers’ eyes?
- Offer customization opportunities! This is Zazzle after all! 🙂
Want to get an idea of designs that the committee liked last year? Check our last year’s winners here.
Please read through the full legal to make sure you catch all the fine print.
We wish you all luck and can’t wait to see your designs!