I am completely obsessed with the Marvel Cinematic Universe and was blown away by its latest origin story, Black Panther. If you’ve seen it, you know what I mean, and if you haven’t, get on that! The cast of characters is spectacular, the plot is fantastic, and the message is meaningful. Also, Michael B. Jordan.
When Zazzle launched the Black Panther Store and custom Marvel fabrics I knew I was going to get crafty. So in this DIY, I’ll show you how to make a Black Panther monogram to hang in your geek den, kid’s room, or home office.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Zazzle Black Panther Fabric
- Wooden Letter
- Decoupage Fabric Glue
- Applicator Sponge
- Cutting Mat
- X-Acto Knife or Rotary Cutter
Here’s how you do it:
1. Cut a rectangle of fabric around the letter with about an inch or two of allowance. Place the fabric upside-down. Apply a thin layer of decoupage fabric glue to the front of the letter using the applicator sponge.
2. Once the adhesive is thoroughly applied, press the front of the letter to the back of the fabric. Apply pressure for half a minute to ensure its attachment.
3. Next, using the X-Acto knife or rotary cutter, trim the excess fabric by tracing the letter with the blade.
And there you have it – my nerd dreams realized!
The Black Panther fabric collection is beautiful. I can’t wait to craft with other prints. Here are some of my favorites:
Which Black Panther fabric design do you like best? Let us know in the comments below!
If you try this DIY please share it with us by using the hashtag #zazzlemade on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. We love seeing the creative ways you use Zazzle fabric.